Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tuesday

“Ask any athlete: We all hurt at times. I'm asking my body to go through seven different tasks. To ask it not to ache would be too much.”
Jackie Joyner-Kersee

Training:
Bench press 3x5
85 push-ups
Rest 5 minutes
30 seconds squat thrusts
1 minute swings (30 seconds each arm)
30 seconds squat thrusts
Rest 1 minute
5 rounds



Favre's corner:
Monday is national bench press day and I am no exception to this rule. Got under some heavy weight, got my big air, got tight,and blasted the bar through the ceiling. I like assistance work so I did about 250 reps for my back and triceps and the ever important yokeage. Although I dread a high rep barbell complex after the main training session, it's still mandatory in my gym. Feeling my lungs burst and then my forearms blow up shortly after left me in a calm afterglow.





No comments: