Sunday, November 28, 2010

Throw the scale away

I'm going to be updating the blog differently now in an effort to be more timely. Instead of daily I'm going to be updating once a week. The training will be listed as Session 1, Session 2, and Session 3. The training is done on nonconsecutive days i.e. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. As always I go through the order of modalities I feel is the most important for my client, Strength, Accessory, conditioning.

As the title says up top I encourage my clients to stay away from the scale while working to lose fat. The problem with the scale is it only shows the total amount of body weight on a person. There is no breakdown on fat, muscle, and blood numbers. So my client will be in fact losing fat weekly, they will also be gaining muscle and increasing performance. The scale simply does not reflect these facts.

Training:
Session 1
Squat 3x5
50 total tire flips

Session 2
Bench press 3x5
35 body rows with weight added
Rest 5 minutes
Tabata jump rope
Tabata squats

Session 3
Deadlift 3x5
Rest 5 minutes
5 dumbbell snatches each arm
5 dumbbell swings each arm
10 squat thrust
Rest 1 minute
5 rounds



Favres's corner:
It was a deload week so nothing exciting at all with the exception of the massive eating PR's because of Thanksgiving. With all the food that was cooked on Thursday and the leftovers still in the fridge it brings a valid point to my mind. If I were to take a day or even half a day a week and cook a huge chunk of meat, the family and I would be fully prepared to eat well for most of the week. With how busy we get with work and the girls and the holidays looming, this is a winning strategy.







No comments: