Monday, January 11, 2010

This can be complicated but we will make it really simple

Strength, whys and how's. Why, well no elderly person in a nursing home who cannot get out of a chair or off the floor when they fall ever says "Boy I wish I did more kipping pull-ups and thrusters." When a wrestler gets dominated on the mat they will come to the side and say "That guy was strong, I couldn't move him" Any high level S&C Coach worth a shit will agree that when everything else is equal the stronger athlete will win. I understand that the brutal looking and sexy sounding tough conditioning circuit is all the rage right now but this is not were success of a program will lie. It will lie with the development of strength and I'm talking a well thought out organized and easily track able program. When strength is developed correctly all other aspects of fitness can easily and quickly be brought up to par. This does not work the other way however, the base is strength and conditioning will follow nothing new here from the philosophy I've always had. This basic template is from the minds of the Witchita Fall Barbell Club. It takes linear progressed barbell training and pairs it with some conditioning. If you have trained with me then you understand how I progress weight every time you got under the bar, this will not change. Eat well and train hard

Training:
Squat 5x3
Press 5x3
Pull-ups 3 sets of max reps


Strong is strong

No comments: