Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday

•“A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” ~ Joan Welsh

Unfortunately the United States is the most medicated country in the world. No matter what the infomercial says we cannot get fitter and healthier using gadgets and taking pills. It takes consistent hard work and discipline.

Training:
Deadlift 3x5
Shoulder touch planks 3x12 each shoulder
Rest 5 minutes
The following is done with 2 dumbbells
Swings
Front squat
Clean + press
Squat jump (use only 1 dumbbell here)
Rest 1 minute
Reps are 6,7,8,9,10



Favre's corner:
Heavy benching for the brochacho's today followed by high rep body rows. I like to feel stable while pressing and having a back that doubles as a wide screen certainly helps. Dumbbell shrugs for the yoke because I've had enough of having a neck. My 2 gymnast daughters have been building a nice thick neck and upper back and I'm so proud. I didn't like the idea of being able to grab a cup after training so a barbell complex finished things off and my bowling pins were pumped and useless afterward.


The yoke is strong with them

No comments: