Monday, September 1, 2008

My fun as a coach

Teaching the basic barbell squat is probably my favorite lift to teach as a trainer. Theres just something about taking someone who has never correctly done the exercise right, and watching them develop the correct technique in a short amount of time. The strength days have also evolved, After a lower body strength day such as today I have paired a upper body strength movement. This will usually be something unconventional such as weighted push-ups or on an upper body strength day a sandbag lift. Of course these are only a few of the options to chose and I have an arsenal of many, many movements to pull from. So far so good, I hope to see continued gains.

Training:
Squat 5x5
Push-ups 4x quality set

Training:
Pistols 5x5
swings 4x20
plyo-pushups 4x10

Training:
Deadlift x a max single
Plyo-pushups 4x10

No comments: